The contents of The Bulletin you selected are as follows:-
Bulletin Issue 189, August 1997, (Vol. 48, pp: 1-56)
Indian Army Special Edition
- Combined Operations In India by Lt. Col. D.J.S. Murray. pp: 2-5. (see 'Armada Boarding Threat...', Issue 183).
- 50 Years On by Dennis Vickers. [Indian independence] p: 5.
- Some Buttons of India’s European Troops c. 1860* by Howard Ripley. pp: 6 & 7. (see ‘Indian Army Comments’, Issue 191).
- The Presentation of the Shatrujit Golden Jubilee: Indian Airborne Forces (1941-1991) by Brig. L.F. ‘Dickie’ Richards.pp: 6 & 8-9.
- 42nd Bengal Light Infantry, Indian Army: An Unusual Waist Belt Clasp* by Denis Wood. pp: 9-10.
- Indian Medical Forces 1945-1947 by Lt. Col. D.W. Garland. pp: 11-12.
- Buttons Worn by Bengal European Regiments (and Other Descendant Regiments)* by John Chapple. pp: 13-23. (see Correspondence: 'Indian Army Special', Issue 190; ‘Indian Army Comments’, Issue 191 & 'Bengal Army Notes', Issue 208).
- Airborne Forces in India in World War II by Brig. D.A. Pringle. pp: 24-29. (see Correspondence, Issue 191).
- The Empress of India Medal 1877* by R.G. Harris. pp: 29-44.
- Burma Military Police – Three Officers’ Pouch Belt Plates* by Denis Wood. pp: 45-47.
- Some Survivors of the 2nd Goorkhas Who Fought at Delhi 1857* by Denis Wood. pp: 47-49.
- Absent Friends* by Ian J. Crow. pp: 49-55. [No Correspondence this issue]