Terms and Conditions for using this web site
- Personal information for Members of the Society is held for the purpose of communicating with Members about the activities of the Society, for distributing Society publications and, where appropriate, for processing payments.
- Personal information for Customers of the Website Shop is held for the purpose of processing payments, despatching goods and, where appropriate, communicating with the Customer about the purchase order.
- We never share your personal information with any organisation apart from our payment card processor and the printer/mailing house for the distribution of Society publications.
- Our credit and debit card payments are processed on our behalf by WorldPay who are part of the international banking settlement system.
Cookies are used as follows:
- If you check the Remember Me box at Log in - this leaves a Cookie in your browser which enables us to identify you. This Cookie has no other function.
Conditions of Sale from the Website Shop:
- Society goods and services are available to Members and non-Members through the website shop.
- Purchases may be made on-line or by post or email to the Quartermaster.
- Goods will be normally be despatched within 2 working days of receipt of cleared payment. Payment by electronic means through the website will be deemed to be cleared.
- Goods sent not in accordance with the order will normally be replaced at no charge.
- Goods damaged in transit will also be replaced free of charge on receipt of evidence of the damage.
- Goods supplied in accordance with the order and the website description are not returnable.
- Refunds will only be given if the Society is unable to supply or replace items in accordance with the terms of the order.
Use of the website by Members of the Public:
- There are no restrictions on the use of the open areas of the website.
Use of the Members Only area of the website:
- The Members Only area of the website contains the entire run of The Bulletin and Bulletin Supplements from 1950 and can only be accessed through Members’ personal log-in details.
- Institutional Members must only access this area of the website through one nominated device with a specific IP address.
- This area of the website can only be used for Members’ own personal, non-commercial use. We are also happy for you to help out other people with their historical research by telling them about information available on the website and how and where it can be found. However, you must not provide them with copies of any of the records, original images or the search information displayed on the results page, even if you provide them for free.
- It is acknowledged that some Members may require help in using the website, but Members providing such help must log-in with the log-in credentials of the Member requiring the information and not use their own log-in credentials.
- There is a fair usage limit for the Members Only area of the website which is currently set at 2000 page views in any calendar month. This has been deliberately set at a generous level which is expected to cover the normal needs of all Members. However, if any Member has a special need for greater access for a specific project, they should contact the Society to request an exception to this limit.
- We reserve the right to cancel the log-in details of Members found to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
Intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the page images we provide:
- The copyright of the images on this web-site is owned by The Military Historical Society.
- You can use the content on the website for private and non-commercial purposes only.
- You cannot use the records to create your own work (for example a database of records, an article, blog post or book), copy or reproduce the records, or share or publish them unless you have our permission in writing.
Service Level and Changes to the Website
- We reserve the right to make changes to the website, including the pages and search mechanisms that we offer, without notice.
- We always try to make sure the website is fast, accurate and performs well: however, we cannot promise that it will always work as expected. If the website does fail, we will not be liable for any losses you might suffer.
- The Members Only area of the website is provided as a “free” additional service for Members of the Society. As such, the Society will not be liable for any losses incurred by a Member as a result of use of the website, or non-availability of the website, for any reason.
- However, we really believe in Customer Support and always aim to fix problems quickly and in a friendly manner, whenever we can. If you have a question, suggestion or complaint, please contact Customer Service.
These Terms & Conditions are made under English law. If any part of these Terms & Conditions is not legally enforceable as a result of current or future legislation, then that part will be deleted and the remainder of the Terms & Conditions will continue to apply.
- We hope that you find these Terms & Conditions clear and fair. If not, or you have another question that is not covered, please contact us.